The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service and assisting with supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Fill and verify prescriptions for customers.
• Complete administrative paperwork and prescriptions from the day's activities; prepare reports, organize the pharmacy area, and complete all unfilled prescriptions called in/dropped off during the day, in preparation for the next shift.
• Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
• Supervise the work completed by Pharmacy Technicians and support staff while on duty.
• Assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager.
• Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
• Handle customer issues such as customer complaints and questions regarding insurance coverage.
• Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
• Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
• Assist with cycle counts, inventory management, and will-calls to customers.
• Interact with the Pharmacy Manager to build customer loyalty.
• Complete quality assurance duties applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
• Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
This position includes the supervision of Pharmacy Technicians and Cashiers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
A Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent in Pharmacy is required,from a school of Pharmacy within the United States.